Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Textured Triton Sets

I've made a few of these sets lately. They're really fun to make because I don't have to try and repeat a design, I can just get creative with bead shapes. Triton lends itself to textured beads because the raised and lower parts of the texture turn different colors depending on how much of the reduction flame they get. The photos don't really convey the range of metallic color in these sets; they have to be looked at in different lighting (sun, shade, etc.) to really appreciate how much the color shifts on the Triton.

In this first set I've used Triton and Nyx, with a little Ivory and clear. The Nyx has an antique or patinated copper green color that I really like:
Triton and Nyx Mixed Bead Set - BeadAbundant

This set is pretty much all Triton, with a little clear for the encased cube-shaped beads:Triton Mixed Bead Set

No comments: