Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Terra and CL-171 Beads

There has been a small buzz about Terra coming back. Jed at Double Helix is trying to work out some glitches in the recipe so he can reproduce the color. I am not holding my breath! It did get me inspired to bring out the Terra again though. This is a simple little set of Terra beads:Terra and Double Helix CL-171 BeadsThe base glass is not black, it's a Double Helix odd lot called CL-171. It's a reducing color, but it doesn't work very well in my experience. It takes a heavy reduction flame to get it to reduce, but then usually turns a gray color in the kiln if I can even get the color to stay. However, un-reduced it does make a nice black base for my other silver colors!

Well that's all the bead pix for today folks! I've been busy re-designing my logo and business cards this week. More on that to come!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Karolen - they are absolutely stunning - look at how you got that Terra to sing for you. Fabulous :o)