Sunday, May 4, 2008

I've been interviewed!

For several months I've been working on an interview with Adobe, and it's finally live! You can view it on their kuler website at http://kuler.adobe.com. Click on the "Spotlight" link on the right side menu bar. You may need the latest version of Flash to view the site.

Adobe's kuler website allows users to create and share color schemes, then download them to Photoshop for use in designing print materials, web sites, etc. I use the site just for fun because I love color!

A few months ago I wrote a blog post here about kuler which caught Adobe's attention and led to the interview: http://beadabundant.blogspot.com/2008/01/kuler-kolor.html

For this interview, I've used a new feature on the kuler website which allows me to upload a photo from my computer and extract several color schemes directly from the colors in the photo. From these color schemes I created bead sets. Here's an example:

Photo of Diamond Head on O'ahu:
Diamond Head, O'ahu

The color scheme I extracted from the image:
kuler color scheme

and the resulting bead set I created, inspired by the photo and the color scheme:
Lampworked bead set
The kuler site is lots of fun to play with, so if you love color stop on by and be inspired!

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Love this set Karolen...I'm going to check out that color site...Looks like fun...

Karolen said...

thanks eileen!