Saturday, December 8, 2007

Fun with Psyche

Psyche glass by Double Helix might just be my favorite of all their silver glasses. A wide range of color can be coaxed out of this glass, depending on the number of reducing and oxidizing cycles I put it through in the flame. The two sets below are my latest favorites, though both of them sold quickly on eBay and Etsy and I had to send them out to their new homes. Selling is great, of course, but sometimes there are sets I really get attached to! I've named these sets "Earth Gems."

Here's a photo of the full set I had on eBay:
Earth Gems full set
And a close-up of the large beads:

Earth Gems close-up
And a set of round beads I had on Etsy:
Earth Gem round beads
The brown base color on these sets is "Canyon de Chelly" from CIM glass. Over the past few days I've been experimenting with different base colors, and each one produces a totally different reaction with Psyche. I haven't photographed them yet, but when I do I'll post the photos here.

No comments: