Monday, September 20, 2010

The Fruits of My Summer

Happy Monday bead peeps! I'm back with a blog post after a long summer hiatus. I spent July and August hunkered down in the studio like an obsessed mad scientist, having a great time learning how to make silver charm necklaces. I'm now carrying this new line of custom charm necklaces in my Etsy shop! Here's one example:Sterling Silver Custom Charm NecklaceI have a variety of styles, or you can design your own. The charms can include crystals, pearls, and hand-stamped initials or designs of your choice. They are so much fun to make!
I've also been hammering out sterling bead caps and adding them to my silver cored beads:Organic Silver Cored Bead with CapsOrganic and Metallic Silver Cored Bead with CapsHere's a recent bead set, made with CiM Halong Bay and Aurae, a beautiful combination:CiM Halong Bay and Aurae Bead SetMore photos of my new work coming soon. Have a great week!

3 comments:

SueBeads said...

They are all gorgeous! I love CIM Halong Bay!

MoonRae said...

Missed your posting!! welcome back! beautiful work
~Sharon~

Karolen said...

Thanks Sue and MoonRae!
I put Halong Bay aside for a long time but I'm so glad I re-disovered it. I love it mixed with the gold metallic of Aurae.
If the beads were worked for longer in the flame, the Aurae would fume the Halong Bay and make a light, lovely green-ish metallic sheen on the surface. That happens when I make bigger focal beads with this recipe.