Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bainbridge Island, WA

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to travel to the magical misty forests of Bainbridge Island, Washington, a half-hour ferry ride from Seattle. I used to live in Oregon, but it's been ten years since I've been back to the Pacific Northwest. I've been baking in the sun here in Arizona since then, and needless to say I've gotten a little... parched. Going to Bainbridge Island was like adding water to a dry sponge. If it's not raining there, then it's misting, cloudy, and just about to rain any second. I loved it!

Here are some photos from the Bloedel Reserve on Bainbridge Island, a beautiful property with 150 acres of tended gardens and wild forests.

The Japanese garden:
Japanese Garden, Bloedel ReserveJapanese Garden
Flowers in the forest:
Bloedel ReserveBloedel Reserve
Baby geese!
Baby geese, Bloedel Reserve
In bead news... I have a few sets to photograph today and I'll post the pics here when they're ready.
Both of my kids, ages 9 and 15 are at summer camp in Minnesota for the next month. This is so weird, having the whole house to myself for this long. I guess it's been 15 years since I've experienced this. I can't believe all the beadmaking time I have now. And I can clean the house and it won't get messy again. Wow. I'm hoping to be able to share lots of bead chat and photos with you in the coming weeks!
:-D

No comments: