Monday, April 26, 2010

Fun With Terra2

I'm obsessed with Terra2! I've made many, many practice beads with it in the past week and managed to get a few colorful things.
Here's a set made with Terra2, Kronos frit, and Aether clear:
Double Helix Terra 2
This is a sterling silver capped and cored bead made with Terra2, Ivory and Aether:Terra2 Pandora Bead, Silver Caps
And here's a second one I made very similar to the first:Terra 2, Ivory, Aether Silver Cored and Capped Bead
When I work this glass too much, the color washes out. That has been my biggest challenge. Otherwise I think the glass is similar to the original Terra, but slightly more translucent maybe, is easier to strike, with better colors.

3 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Gorgeous things you've done with the glass, Karolen! I especially like the one in the bottom picture!

Unknown said...

OOoooh, those colors are bee-you-tee-ful! Love it paired with the ivory!!!

Karolen said...

Thanks Angie and Kelley!