This past week I've been consumed with finding new equipment for my studio. I'm still working on getting a new digital camera and new parts for the kiln controller. So, still no beadmaking... instead I've been engrossed in technical manuals and on-line product searches.
In the meantime I've borrowed my daughter's digital camera to photograph my beads. She's out of town on vacation for three weeks, but just so happened to forget her digital camera in the car before she boarded the plane. Bad luck for her... good luck for me! :) She's so generous and loves Mom so much, she's letting me use it for a few days and then I'm going to mail it to her.
All was dandy for a day while I used her camera, until one of my three professional photoflood bulbs burnt out! They can literally last for years with occasional use, but mine had to choose this week to go. And I didn't have a back-up bulb. Hah!
I crumpled into depression for an hour, then decided I'd try taking a photo in lower light using only my two remaining bulbs. You know, I actually liked the results! In fact, I think I'll use two bulbs from now on.
The things we learn from adversity, wow!
Here's an example of a photo taken with my daughter's camera (Sony Cyber-shot 7.2MP) and two photoflood bulbs. The bead is for sale in my Etsy shop:
I really like the Sony Cyber-shot after having the opportunity to use it. It's gotten great reviews. I've ordered one for myself, along with four new photoflood bulbs!
Have a great day everyone!